Seguidores

quarta-feira, 3 de agosto de 2011

OLAVO BILAC IN ENGLISH !!!



OLAVO BILAC - Sonnet XIII
(From the Milky Way series)


"Oh come now (you will say) hear stars! It's clear
You've lost your mind!" I´ll tell you anyway,
I often wake to hear what they will say,
I push my windows open, pale with tear ...

And we converse throughout the night, while high
The Milky Way, like outspread robes, appears
To shine. At dawn, with longing and in tears,
I seek them still throughout the empty sky.

And next you'll say: "My poor, demented friend
What do you say to them? And tell me, pray,
What do they say when they your ears do bend?

I´m tell you: "You must love to comprehend!
For only lie who loves has ears which may
Perceive and grasp the messages stars send."

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário